Featured post

Sidmouth Manor Pavilion Theatre - An Inspector Calls (with James Pellow)

Folks who know me very well often say, kindly I think, that I should get out more. I’m a grumpy old sod at the best of times and in the ...

Friday 15 February 2013

Calendar Girls (Wheathampstead) - Preview


Wheathampstead Dramatic Society has turned out an absolute cracker with their latest production. Tim Firth’s Calendar Girls, the tale of those famous Women’s Institute Nudies, is rich in laughter and pathos and director Julie Field extracts every ounce of a variety of emotions. Jan Westgarth (Chris) and Viv Fairley (Annie) head an almost impeccable cast in a production which ticked most of my theatrical boxes. Strip off your clothes and put a sunflower in your hair. It just might get you a ticket for the last night.

Last performance Saturday 16th February at 8.00pm.
Full review to follow

No comments: