Featured post

Sidmouth Manor Pavilion Theatre - An Inspector Calls (with James Pellow)

Folks who know me very well often say, kindly I think, that I should get out more. I’m a grumpy old sod at the best of times and in the ...

Saturday 28 January 2012

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Dunstable Rep

I enjoyed this production. I am long enough in the tooth to know that taking on the deep south of Tennessee Williams ain't easy. Chekhov with cowboy boots. But overall they pulled it off. Dave Corbett topped anything he has ever done as the complex Brick, and Liz Caswell's Maggie was as watchable as ever. Strong support throughout and director Chris Lavin painted some nice dramatic pictures of a family in turmoil. I shall nit pick on some staging bits, it's my blog, but overall I give this Cat on a Hot Tin Roof four stars. Ten quid well spent.

Finishes tonight - full review to follow

No comments: